For over 50 years, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. (TDSI) has been an industry-leader within the Land Tactical Communications market. Over the years, TDSI has enjoyed first-to-market status leveraging the latest technologies and ensuring our customers are equipped with the most cutting-edge communications solutions.
TDSI “Industry First” Technologies:
- Multiband handheld radio
- Diveable radio for maritime operations
- SCA-certified Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Networking soldier radio
- Two-channel handheld Leader Radio
- Iridium NEXT terminals for global mobile satellite service access
Our solutions for the Land Tactical Communications market include technologies through three of our business areas.
- Secure networking radio solutions for mounted vehicular and dismounted soldier applications.
- A full range of accessories and modular, scalable power management solutions to address critical reduced Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) requirements.
- Truly converged Tactical Electronic Warfare (EW) Communications, SIGINT/EW/Cyber solutions in very small packages that provide signals-based threat warning and spectral situational awareness.
- Industry-leading, reduced SWaP, X, Ku and Ka band, Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) for BLOS satellite communications.
- Modular, 65 and 95 centimeter man-packable VSAT and 1.3 meter Flyaway terminals
- High throughput, on-the-move satellite terminals.
- The industry’s first Iridium NEXT Land Tactical and Maritime terminals providing high-throughput, on-the-move, pole-to-pole satellite communications.
- Leverages, Iridium’s new NEXT constellation and Certus high-throughput airtime services to deliver affordable, very small size and weight terminals for global connectivity.