Thales Defense & Security, Inc., 22605 Gateway Center Drive, Clarksburg, MD 20871
Return Material Authorization [RMA] process in order to return equipment for repair:
- To create a new Customer Support user account, please go to: https://thalesdsi.force.com/customers/ and click ‘Sign Up’. Enter the required contact information. If you are a military user, please be sure to use your .mil email address. When you have entered the requested information, select ‘Register’. If you have an existing account simply enter Username (email address) and Password and click ‘Log In’.
- You will be sent an Action Required auto-generated email. Open first link to gain access to new customer support website. You will enter the Username (which is your email address). Click ‘Continue’ to receive an auto-generated email to change your password.
- You will receive another auto-generated email stating your password has been reset. Click on link to go to the new customer website. Enter Username (email address) and password.
- Click on the ‘RMAS’ link. Click ‘NEW’ to start new RMA.
- Enter the model number, serial number and a thorough problem description. Enter a line for each model number and serial number by clicking ‘Add Item’ after each. Click ‘Submit’ when all lines items are completed.
- If you wish to upload a document with the serial numbers you can do that now by clicking on ‘Upload Files’.
If the items for repair are Type 1 Controlled Cryptographic Items [CCI], for example, AN/PRC-148 transceivers, make sure the return address is valid for the secure delivery of Type 1 CCI using Federal Express, or other secure carrier.
Each RMA request is reviewed and then approved or rejected; please review the instructions in the e-mail you will receive with the RMA number. Please ensure the RMA number is noted on your shipment. Thales cannot process equipment without this information and omission could result in the shipment being returned unrepaired.
If Type 1 CCI transceivers are being returned, the COMSEC Custodian / EKMS Manager of the owner’s organization must generate the SF 153 standard form to accompany the items and transfer ownership to TCI. If you are returning transceivers, please do not return the radio’s battery or any other accessory.
For OCONUS returns additional paperwork is required for US Customs, our Import/Export group will provide guidance when the RMA request is received.
Please note, we repair radio transceivers, associated vehicle adapters, and Modular Universal Battery Chargers (MUBCs).
We do not repair antennae, batteries, cable assemblies, or battery chargers, other than MUBCs; these accessories are considered consumables.
When equipment is received by Thales, the warranty status is checked; if they are out of warranty, a repair quote is sent to the email address of the RMA originator.
There are standard repair fees, however for mechanically abused items, the repair fee will be higher. Repairs are not started until payment has been received.
The user pays shipping cost to Thales, Thales pays for return of repaired equipment to user.
If assistance is required in the RMA process, e-mail Product.Support@thalesdsi.com or call 1-800-914-0303 and select Option 2.