Thales Defense & Security, Inc. (TDSI) offers an array of Aviation and Cockpit solutions including helmet mounted displays; cutting-edge Flight Management Systems; and sensors for airborne applications.
Our solutions for the Aviation & Cockpit market include technologies through two of our business areas.
- Our Scorpion Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) technology features the world’s only full color capability which is currently flying onboard A-10’s, F-16’s, F-18’s and numerous other fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Our Scorpion HMD includes hybrid optical-inertial motion tracking for pilot situational awareness and weapon/sensor cueing.
- Our Optimized Top Owl (OTO) provides the US Marine Corps with an industry-leading, immersive, binocular HMD.
- The I-MASTER airborne sensor provides all-weather surveillance, pattern of life monitoring, change detection, and wide area coverage. I-MASTER is a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) with Ground and Dismount Moving Target Indication (GMTI/DMTI), and has the ability to accurately detect and locate moving and stationary targets at long stand-off ranges over land and sea.
- Thales’ state-of-the-art Flight Management Systems (FMS) is currently flying aboard the Army’s UH-60V Blackhawk helicopter.